Short Examination Of Conscience
Make a short examination of conscience before going to rest at night. Two or three minutes is enough. Follow these steps.
1. Humble yourself in the presence of God. Tell Him, "Lord, if you will, you can make me clean."
2. Ask for light to acknowledge your defects and virtues, and to see the dangers and good occasions surrounding you. Ask for repentance, amendment and encouragement.
3. Examine your conscience briefly on these points:
4. Sorrow. Ask pardon from our Lord. Tell him, "A contrite and humble heart, O God, you will not despise, " or ," Lord, you know all things, you know that I love you." You may say the Act of Contrition.
5. Resolution. Make a very concrete resolution for tomorrow:
Act Of Contrition
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you, and I detest all my sins, because of your just punishments, but most of all because they offend you, my God, who is all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin.